Re: debian installation is no longer working

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 12:23:21PM +0000, Semih Ozlem wrote:
> In addition to my earlier message, the usb drive has three partitions FAT
> partition including EFI, swap  partition, btrfs partition where home folder
> is located.
>
> sudo btrfs rescue super-recover /dev/sdc3
> gives the response
> All supers are valid, no need to recover
>
> When starting from the usb, the boot process starts with some messages such
> as not starting network manager. Indeed if I drop to root shell, apt-get
> update won't do what it usually does since internet connection can't be
> established. (similarly neither apt --fix-broken install) there was also a
> message about a bug in kernel at boot time.
>
> Any ideas on what can be done so that booting of the system can be restored?

No. I'm pretty blank on btrfs (and short on time, but who isn't ;-)

Please keep your replies on-list: there may be others who could
help (and others, again, who can profit from the conversation by
reading the archives).

Only one last thing: if you start from the USB (and aren't in rescue
mode), you probably won't be able to check the root file system,
because it'll be mounted (unless that's possible with btrfs, which
I don't know for sure).

Cheers
 - t