Re: debian-user list info and guidelines: spam

On 2021-01-25 at 08:57, Andy Smith wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 08:16:38AM -0500, John Kaufmann wrote:
>> nb.net no longer run their own MTA (maybe for just this reason?),
>> farming it out to userservices.net. As a result they increasingly
>> unresponsive to complaints. I have not figured out my next step.
>
> As mentioned, I do self-host my own email but when friends and family
> ask for a solution I like to point them at fastmail.com.
>
> I've no association with fastmail.com, I just find them pleasant to
> deal with when helping people.

I am (as you can see from my E-mail address) a Fastmail customer, from
before they switched to the .com domain as their primary if not default
address location.

I have had zero complaints about them over the years. I'd have to dig
pretty deep into my archives to find out just how long it has been since
I switched - but at one point when my family changed ISPs and I had to
migrate all my subscriptions (etc.) to a new address, I decided I didn't
want to ever have to do that again, and Fastmail (even at some of its
cheaper tiers) looked like everything I was looking for.

I've rarely had occasion to communicate with them for customer service,
but in every case that I recall I've gotten a response from an actual
human, albeit not always promptly.

--
   The Wanderer