Re: Some questions around needrestart utility

17 janv. 2021 à 21:50 de didier.gaumet@gmail.com:

> from https://github.com/liske/needrestart-session :
>  "needrestart checks which processes need to be restarted after library upgrades. needrestart-session implements a notification of user sessions about their obsolete processes after system upgrades."
>
> In short: automatic notification instead of manual checking :-)

Ohh I see. So it's all about notification.

This is the only way you get a notification that some services need to be restarted following your unattended-upgrades, right? Otherwise you would get nothing as unattended-upgrades is not interactive...

As a single user with only interactive upgrades, I'm not sure needrestart-session is useful to me right now. needrestart is probably enough.

Thanks
l0f4r0