Re: Some questions around needrestart utility

Le 17/01/2021 à 21:37, l0f4r0@tuta.io a écrit :
[...]
I didn't pay attention there is a needrestart-session!

Can you tell me please how it could be useful to me if I have already needrestart?
Indeed, needrestart already lists me the "User sessions running outdated binaries"... What's more to expect?
[...]

from https://github.com/liske/needrestart-session :
"needrestart checks which processes need to be restarted after library upgrades. needrestart-session implements a notification of user sessions about their obsolete processes after system upgrades."

In short: automatic notification instead of manual checking :-)