Re: Some questions around needrestart utility

l0f4r0@tuta.io wrote:

> Can someone explain me how needrestart (in interactive advanced mode)
> preselects services to be restarted  please? I mean when I launch it,
> only some services are preselected while others are not.So according
> to what criteria? Does it preselect those whose reboot has  less
> impact on the machine?

All this is configured via /etc/needrestart/needrestart.conf.

Services can be blacklisted and will never even show up and services can
be overridden and will show up but will be deselected, for the admin to
manually select them to be restarted should they so desire.

The configuration provides a selection of pre-defined overrides, based
on experience of the author(s), bug reports and input from users.

You will find networking stuff like "NetworkManager" or display managers
like "lightdm" in there to prevent you from sawing off the branch you
are sitting on.

All this can be of course tailored to your own liking.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.