Re: Open source Atheros wifi? (ath10k)

>   https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2021/01/msg00151.html
> Very informative.

Yes, I agree with Ted Tso's suggestion.

I think the `non-free` repository needs to be significantly improved, so
that the user is properly warned/informed when something is installed
from there (in both senses: "is being installed" or "is currently
installed").

I often enable `non-free` because I need it for one package or another
(GFDL docs for example), but I strongly dislike the fact that as soon as
it's enabled, all its packages become "silently" installable.

I wish non-free packages were always be carefully flagged as such,
ideally with hyperlinks to appropriate documentation about what's
at stake.

        Stefan