Re: How to restore BIOS-based backup on a UEFI machine

On 2021-01-15 18:22, Linux-Fan wrote:

I back up with
  cd / && find home -xdev -print0 | cpio -o0 -H crc | gzip | openssl enc -md sha256 -salt -pass file:passwordfile -aes-128-cbc >backup.cpio.gz.aes

 Thank you for the `openssl` commandline.
However, since I upgraded to buster, that openssl command gives the warning:

*** WARNING : deprecated key derivation used.
Using -iter or -pbkdf2 would be better.

I have not yet studied what that means in detail and precisely what other parameters are better to use.
--
Jesper Dybdal
https://www.dybdal.dk