Re: How to restore BIOS-based backup on a UEFI machine

Jesper Dybdal wrote:
> (My knowledge of UEFI is almost non-existent, and my knowledge of grub
> is very limited.)

  if you are not mixing Debian with any other system and
installing from scratch all you have to make sure of is
that the system is detected as an UEFI system to begin
with and then it should just work.

  however, since i've had grub updates screw up my
preferences i've switched over to using refind as my boot
loader and that works for me.  i find it very easy as
i've set the configuration to use the most recent kernel
as the default and then have alternate selections
available if i want to boot those instead.  i haven't
booted from grub in quite a long time now but i do still
have it installed.

  songbird