Re: Advice on laptop with USB-C port and USB-Type C Multipoint Adapter (and VGA)

On Thu, 3 Dec 2020 at 21:49, <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 03, 2020 at 09:35:38PM +1100, David wrote:
> > On Thu, 3 Dec 2020 at 21:15, <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> > Does the active cable have a USB-C connector on the VGA end?
>
> Yes, it should.

> Tickling your favourite search engine (let's hope it ain't Google ;-)
> yields tons of "USB-C to VGA" adapters. For all we know, they should
> be "active".

I searched as you suggest, everything that I can find appears to
put the VGA signals on a DB15 connector, not a USB-C connector.

What I am seeking evidence for (just out of simple WTF curiosity :)
is that somewhere in the world there exists a USB-C connector
that carries VGA analog signals.

Not an adapter, a connector.

I don't want one, I don't need one, and I don't even care except for
entertainment, I just struggle to believe that such a thing exists until
I see a picture or a document :)