Re: Advice on laptop with USB-C port and USB-Type C Multipoint Adapter (and VGA)

On Thu, 3 Dec 2020 at 02:27, <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:

> I did find out that a USB-C cable / connector has 24 conductors -- so it is
> conceivable (with my lack of knowledge) that some laptop manufacturers
> actually put out an (analog) VGA signal on the USB-C cable.

Is this just wishful thinking or do you have evidence?

Because it's inconceivable, as far as I'm aware. Everything I have read
about USB-C indicates that it is purely digital. Even though it seems
to be the USB way to have countless variations of every physical and
electrical specification, VGA is a standard from 1987, forget finding
it on any USB-C connector. Those pins are all used for other things.