How to run AppImage file (was: clipgrab as alternative to youtube-dl)

On 11/17/20 11:47 PM, Anssi Saari wrote:
Fred <fred@blakemfg.com> writes:

There is a binary for Linux available for download as a AppImage
file. What is an AppImage file and what does one do with it.  The
program was probably compiled for Ubuntu.  Is it likely to also run on
Debian?

AppImage files are a kind of package that contain an app and all its
dependencies so yes, it's very likely it'll run on Debian. All you have
to do is make the AppImage file executable and run it. I recently got
into these since I have a problem with the Firefox Debian bundles but
someone maintains a current Firefox build as AppImage.

Hi,
I downloaded the AppImage clipgrab file and made it executable but it won't run.

fred@ragnok:~$ ls -l ClipGrab*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 fred fred 95575752 Nov 21 07:10 ClipGrab-3.9.2-x86_64.AppImage

fred@ragnok:~$ ./ClipGrab-3.9.2-x86_64.AppImage --help
bash: ./ClipGrab-3.9.2-x86_64.AppImage: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

Any ideas how to fix?

Best regards,
Fred