clipgrab as alternative to youtube-dl

Hello,

I would like to try clipgrab as youtube-dl sometimes doesn't work. I would not have made a donation on the clipgrab web site if I had first noticed that no support what so ever is available.

There is a binary for Linux available for download as a AppImage file. What is an AppImage file and what does one do with it. The program was probably compiled for Ubuntu. Is it likely to also run on Debian?

I also looked into compiling the source code which is often as easy as following some simple instructions. The compile makes use of qmake which gives the error:

qmake: could not exec '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/qmake': No such file or directory

/usr/bin/qmake is a link that points to /usr/bin/qtchooser which is picking the wrong version of qt. Qt5 is needed and is installed. I have set an environment variable QT_SELECT=qt5 but the chooser is not fooled. So, if the binary is not usable how do I select qt5?

Best regards,
Fred