Re: clipgrab as alternative to youtube-dl

On 11/17/20 1:27 PM, The Wanderer wrote:
On 2020-11-17 at 15:21, Fred wrote:

I also looked into compiling the source code which is often as easy as
following some simple instructions.  The compile makes use of qmake
which gives the error:

qmake: could not exec '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/qmake': No such
file or directory

/usr/bin/qmake is a link that points to /usr/bin/qtchooser which is
picking the wrong version of qt.  Qt5 is needed and is installed.  I
have set an environment variable QT_SELECT=qt5 but the chooser is not
fooled.  So, if the binary is not usable how do I select qt5?

I think you have the qtchooser syntax wrong.

'man qtchooser' says that the value passed to QT_SELECT is the same as
that which would be passed to 'qtchooser -qt='. Testing that, I get:

$ qtchooser -qt=4 -print-env
QT_SELECT="4"
QTTOOLDIR="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin"
QTLIBDIR="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu"
wanderer@apologia:~$ qtchooser -qt=5 -print-env
QT_SELECT="5"
QTTOOLDIR="/usr/lib/qt5/bin"
QTLIBDIR="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu"
$ QT_SELECT=4 qtchooser -print-env
QT_SELECT="4"
QTTOOLDIR="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin"
QTLIBDIR="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu"

IOW: the value you need to pass in is '5', not 'qt5'.

Hi,
You are quite right. I don't see from the man page how one is required to tell qtchooser to set the environment variable instead of doing it oneself. In a hurry I didn't notice the option -qt=version.

Thanks for the help.
Best regards,
Fred