Re: clipgrab as alternative to youtube-dl

On 11/17/20 1:24 PM, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 01:21:55PM -0700, Fred wrote:
I would like to try clipgrab as youtube-dl sometimes doesn't work.

Feel free to try whatever you like, but if you want youtube-dl to work,
don't use the Debian packages of it.  It changes too fast for a stable
release to handle.  Use upstream instead.

Hi Greg,

I have never used the Debian package for youtube-dl. For the last several months when I tried to update there was a message saying the current version could not be found. This was probably because of a recent DMCA takedown. However, I just tried an update and it was successful. The version date is today.

Maybe I don't need clipgrab after all!

Best regards,
Fred