Re: Building my own packages

> Those "chrooty [1]" approaches find their limits whenever you depend on
> a kernel version different from what your machine has.

For me, this is basically never an issue.
What is problematic, OTOH is to keep those chroots (or VMs) up to date.
Basically, each one of those is yet another machine to administer.

I'm still looking for a way to have a "lightweight" VM by using something
like a Linux container but where the /usr (and friends) just reuses the
one of the host system (so it's kept up to date as a side effect of
keeping the main system up to date).

I had managed to get something like it running using LXC on one machine
but couldn't make it work in the machine where I actually needed it.
IIUC systemd offers something like that nowadays but I haven't had the
occasion to dig into it.

        Stefan