Building my own packages

Dear Colleagues,

As a person with the FreeBSD background, I'm used to building my own
packages with the exact build options I need (those include exim, nginx,
samba, clamav and many others). FreeBSD has a good infrastructure for
this (ports tree, poudriere et al.)

Where can I learn to do a similar thing for Debian? I'd like to have my
own package repository which:

1. Keeps my local patches and configure/build options.
2. Gets updated and recompiled when the main Debian repository gets updated.
3. Can have a higher preference for my Debian systems than the default Debian repositories.

I know this can be done because I use some vendor repositories (zabbix,
consul etc) but I need the tools and knowledge.

What would you advise me to read?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/