Re: Building my own packages

	Hi.

On Wed, Nov 04, 2020 at 09:32:31PM +0700, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> Where can I learn to do a similar thing for Debian? I'd like to have my
> own package repository which:
>
> 1. Keeps my local patches and configure/build options.
> 2. Gets updated and recompiled when the main Debian repository gets updated.
> 3. Can have a higher preference for my Debian systems than the default Debian repositories.

apt-build can do 1 and 3.
2 is tricky.

And the trick here lies in the fact that building software should use a
controlled, reproducible and deterministic environment (pbuilder,
cowbuilder, buildd to name a few), and not a live OS installation with
assorted packages and customizations.
Assuming, of course, that you need whatever you want to build working,
not merely compiled somehow and installed somewhere.

But, since you're accustomed to do things FreeBSD way (and building
something in controlled environment isn't something they do or promote)
- just assume that apt-build can do updates too.

Reco