Re: Can nginx "events" block be configured in an include file?

On Tue, Nov 03, 2020 at 10:06:30AM -0600, David Wright wrote:
> On Tue 03 Nov 2020 at 08:03:24 (-0600), Dave Sherohman wrote:
> > Another (off-list) reply suggested using a script to edit nginx.conf
> > rather than doing it by hand, which looks like the best solution for my
> > specific case.
>
> I obviously haven't seen that suggestion, but why write a script
> yourself when software exists to do that already.

Because my deployment script already exists and does several things
other than editing nginx.conf, and I prefer being able to deploy with
one command instead of two.

> Patch, of course, has the same pedigree as Perl, both being creations
> of Larry Wall.

I'm passigly familiar with `patch`, but wasn't aware that Larry was the
original author.  Thanks for that tidbit!

--
Dave Sherohman