Re: I take it back

On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 16:25:12 -0400
Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@debian.org> wrote:

> It helps if you use the correct command to answer the question at
> hand:
>
> rmadison -u debian -a source gksu
> gksu       | 2.0.2-9       | oldoldstable | source
> gksu       | 2.0.2-9       | oldstable    | source
>
> Tomas' statement is correct, in that gksu is not in Debian unstable or
> in any release since stretch.  It looks like you might be using an
> older Debian release.

Had I known of rmadison's existence, I might have used it.

I am using buster, upgraded from stretch. A quick look at my various apt
sources.list files indicate I am not using any non-buster repos. So why
did gksu show up in my buster apt cache? Since it is also on my system,
and works, I conjecture that it was not removed at the time of the
dist-upgrade.

Checking another machine that had a fresh installation of buster, gksu
is not installed and "apt-cache search gksu" returns nothing.

Curiouser and curiouser.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com