Re: I take it back

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 02:07:15PM -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 10:58:33 +0100
> tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> > I think gksudo and cousins (among them the KDE flavour whose name I
> > keep forgetting) are dead, they don't exist in Debian since buster.
>
> Don't tell us what you think, report facts. And show your data. E.g.:
>
> charles@hawk:~$ apt-cache search gksudo
> gksu - graphical front-end to su and sudo
> charles@hawk:~$

It helps if you use the correct command to answer the question at hand:

rmadison -u debian -a source gksu
gksu       | 2.0.2-9       | oldoldstable | source
gksu       | 2.0.2-9       | oldstable    | source

Tomas' statement is correct, in that gksu is not in Debian unstable or
in any release since stretch.  It looks like you might be using an older
Debian release.

Regards,

-Roberto

--