Re: Replacement Email Client

Le dimanche 25 octobre 2020 à 19:00:08 UTC+1, Patrick Bartek a écrit :

> Already have Dillo set up, but I need more than a viewer. I want a
> client that handles HTML as well as plain text emails, so I don't have
> to login into the mail account via a browser to interact with the email.

I just tested the dillo plugin: I do not know if it is sufficient for your usage but after setting the plugin up, I was able to click on the links into the emails and most (not all) images were displayed

[...]
> I installed Balsa in Devuan Beowulf which I'm testing, and it only
> installed a few libraries. Don't know if the same is true with Buster.
> I'm still evaluating it. No opinion as yet. Wasn't able to get it to
> receive mails, but could send. Probably an erroneous setting somewhere.
> It was late.

Just tested Balsa here (Buster+Gnome): I could read my emails but HTML was not rendered

If Claws HTML  rendering with the Dillo plugin is not satisfying enough for you, I fear you will need a heavy client like Thunderbird, Evolution or Kmail...