Re: Replacement Email Client

Le dimanche 25 octobre 2020 à 01:10:06 UTC+2, Patrick Bartek a écrit :
> Hi! All,
>
> Looking for recommendations for a lightweight email client that will
> handle HTML as well as plain text to replace Claws-Mail. Have been
> using Claws-Mail for years and before it Sylpheed. Claws used to have
> a basic HTML plugin renderer which was sufficient, but latest version
> does not.

It seems that in the past, Debian provided the claws-mail-fancy-plugin package (a GTK2 HTML viewer).
That is no longer the case but Debian is now providing  the claws-mail-dillo-viewer (a Dillo HTML viewer), and in addition to this, from Bulleye on, will be providing the claws-mail-litehtml-viewer package (a HTML viewer based on the litehml library).
 https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=all&section=all&arch=any&searchon=all&keywords=claws+html

So, apparently, you do not need to replace claws-mail

[...]
> Both Thunderbird and Balsa have been rejected as T'bird is a behemoth
> and no longer in development; and with Balsa, I don't want to have to
> deal with GNOME-systemd, etc. dependencies. (I don't run GNOME anyway,
> only a window manager Openbox, and use sysvinit and not systemd as
> init.)
[...]

- As others have already stated, Thunderbird is still in development
- I somewhat doubt installing Balsa will draw on any real Gnome or Systemd stuff
 https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=all&section=all&arch=any&searchon=names&keywords=balsa