Re: crc not installed but rsync using it? ...

On Fri 25 Sep 2020 at 10:33:51 (+0100), Jonathan Dowland wrote:

> > >  How do I get the deb files in order to install locally (via dpkg
> > > --install) the necessary utilities to run CRC32 and/or CRC64
> >
> > I can't believe the answer is as simple as visiting
> > https://packages.debian.org/index
> > and downloading the packages you want (in binary mode).
>
> Plus (possibly several) iterations of downloading the dependencies,
> and their dependencies, etc., cross-referencing against your installed
> package list (if you have it) to trim down the list.

Sure. One might assume that the OP is familiar with the abilites of
apt and dpkg to manipulate their lists, so that apt can do this job.

And, if not, I would suggest their taking the linux laptop to the
public Windows machine so that any iteration is short and speedy.

I wrote simple, not easy.

Cheers,
David.