Re: crc not installed but rsync using it? ...

On Thu 24 Sep 2020 at 17:50:16 (+0200), Albretch Mueller wrote:
> >> How do I get all packages to be locally installed using dpkg from a
> >> public Windows machine?
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand this question or how it relates to the
> > previous one.
>
>  How do I get the deb files in order to install locally (via dpkg
> --install) the necessary utilities to run CRC32 and/or CRC64

I can't believe the answer is as simple as visiting
https://packages.debian.org/index
and downloading the packages you want (in binary mode).

Or is the problem your aversion to plugging a USB stick
into a public computer lest it become terminally polluted?

On Thu 24 Sep 2020 at 20:23:51 (+0200), Sven Hartge wrote:
> Albretch Mueller <lbrtchx@gmail.com> wrote:

> > How do I get the deb files in order to install locally (via dpkg
> > --install) the necessary utilities to run CRC32 and/or CRC64
>
> Why do you think you need to do this? What do you hope to achieve by
> doing this?

Perhaps the answer might be hinted at in postings like:

Cheers,
David.