Re: crc not installed but rsync using it? ...

>>I usually give the OP credit for not clicking on the links he runs across
>>that aren't on the up and up. I dunno, but the odor about them seems to
>>be warning enough for me.
> That's simply not true.  Compromised web sites are a thing, among
> other issues.

Yup.  The widespread existence of "bad links" that smell very strongly
does not mean that there aren't odorless "bad links".
Often, the more self-confident you are, the more vulnerable you are.

        Stefan "self-confidently aware that he's quite self-confident"