Returning to /var/log/boot.log

I am looking at the contents of my boot log file; when trying to get out of the very long file I thought Ctrl + c should do it - it does not and I cannot
find any way. I wanted to try tail and head so see how they do. Can anyone please help me.

Also is there any simple way to print out the last run.

I am trying to get back my command of debian following a Stroke and complete loss of memory. It`s a very difficult problem at 90,years of age.

Thanks.