Re: Returning to /var/log/boot.log

On 9/24/2020 10:59 AM, anthony gennard wrote:
I am looking at the contents of my boot log file; when trying to get out of
the very long file I thought Ctrl + c should do it - it does not and I
cannot
find any way. I wanted to try tail and head so see how they do. Can anyone
please help me.

Also is there any simple way to print out the last run.

I am trying to get back my command of debian following a Stroke and
complete loss of memory. It`s a very difficult problem at 90,years of age.

Thanks.

If you know what you are looking for in the file, you could use awk,
grep, sed or whatever you want.

Tail, cat, tac are also an options.

In other words, we need to know what you want to be able to provide you
with a command.

--
John Doe