Re: weird behaviour of quotes in bash variable assignments

On Lu, 21 sep 20, 17:22:26, Gary Dale wrote:

> I presented the line that failed, copied and pasted from the Konsole
> session. What more do you want, other than to complain?

In such cases it is best to attach[1] the smallest complete[2] script
demonstrating the behaviour.

Based on the information provided so far it is highly likely the issue
was caused by some detail you omitted because you decided it is not
relevant.

[1] as demonstrated, copy-pasting can alter content
[2] as discussed, the shebang line can make a big difference

Kind regards,
Andrei