Re: linux isn't robust enough to handle bad sector??

On 2020-09-21 21:41, Long Wind wrote:

seagate's new tool is for Windows, i've not used Windows for long timei've read their guide for old tool, its function look like smart tooli'm afraid  it won't be helpful to my diagnosis effort

Seagate SeaTools Bootable is a USB flash drive live Linux distribution with an app for testing Seagate products. Microsoft Windows is not required:

https://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

my hp dx5150 pc probably supports sata1 onlyand it work well with Western Digital sata3 320G diskbut seem to have trouble with Seagate problem diskit probably caused 2 linux installation failures

That is a vintage computer. But, I would expect it to work with the Seagate ST3320311CS; if both are in proper working order.

problem disk seem to have less trouble  with my more modern ThinkCentrewhich supports sata2

Test the Seagate ST3320311CS using the ThinkCentre and Seagate SeaTools Bootable.

David