Re: ssh fingerprint mismatch for one single client

On Sat, 19 Sep 2020 at 18:55, mick crane <mick.crane@gmail.com> wrote:

Just wild guess.
Student can connect via the mobile network but not through the ISP
router?
Might that be the port for ssh on the router ?

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31

Hello Mick,

Thanks for the interest.

Yes, student can connect via mobile.

And, somewhat "yes", student can kind of connect via ISP. It is not that the port is blocking traffic.
The fingerprint appears, and if accepted the wrong one, the password is asked for.

But then, of course, the connection fail.

Also, he was able to connect the day before. So whatever it is, it is recent, and just for one single student.

Also, I asked him to check the router port 22 if it was ok. He did a hard reset (factory reset) on it. He took a look and it is open.

My best,
Beco

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant" -- Alan Greenspan

Creation date: pgp.mit.edu ID as of 2014-11-09

Essa mensagem é destinada exclusivamente ao seu destinatário e pode conter informações confidenciais, protegidas por sigilo profissional, direitos autorais reservados, ou cuja divulgação seja proibida por lei. O uso não autorizado de tais informações é proibido e está sujeito às penalidades cabíveis.

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee and may contain information that is confidential and protected by a professional privilege, reserved copyright, or whose disclosure is prohibited by law. Unauthorized use of such information is prohibited and subject to applicable penalties.