Re: ssh fingerprint mismatch for one single client

On Sat, 19 Sep 2020 at 18:46, Lucas Castro <lucas@gnuabordo.com.br> wrote:

Check if he's really reaching the right server.

ping the server from his computer and check with tcpdump on server side.

If not reaching the server, try traceroute to track where is going on.

Local address or Internet address address?

If local address, maybe he had already  accessed other server with the same address.

--
Lucas Castro

Dear Lucas, thanks for the interest.

The ping server side is disabled, so this test is not possible.
Traceroute from student to server shows it is the correct server.

Not a clue yet. Thanks

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant" -- Alan Greenspan

Creation date: pgp.mit.edu ID as of 2014-11-09

Essa mensagem é destinada exclusivamente ao seu destinatário e pode conter informações confidenciais, protegidas por sigilo profissional, direitos autorais reservados, ou cuja divulgação seja proibida por lei. O uso não autorizado de tais informações é proibido e está sujeito às penalidades cabíveis.

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee and may contain information that is confidential and protected by a professional privilege, reserved copyright, or whose disclosure is prohibited by law. Unauthorized use of such information is prohibited and subject to applicable penalties.