Re: Trackpoint not work properly on Thinkpad T470

Well, I don't think it's a hardware issue.  The computer is less than a year old and it's been used sporadically over the last year.  Any thoughts on how to rule hardware out as an issue?

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 6:18 AM <rhkramer@gmail.com> wrote:
On Friday, September 04, 2020 07:55:43 PM Aaron Elmquist wrote:
> I'm on debian buster using KDE as my GUI. My trackpoint was working quite
> well until a month or two ago (maybe more).  Now it has some odd behavior
> where it will snap to the bottom of the screen every so often when I'm
> using it.
>
> Seems like the input is very sensitive to the bottom direction.  No
> snapping to any other location  Really seems like the input in the down
> direction became overly sensitive.  I can't really control the rate of a
> downward cursor movement consistently.   It's just to fast from time to
> time.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  I would provide more details, configs,
> etc., but I'm not really sure what's relevant.

I suspect you suspect the same thing I do, that it is a hardware problem.

I don't have any idea how hard it may be to get or to replace a trackpoint --
you may have to replace the entire keyboard as a unit, which may not be all
that hard.

If it were mine, I would look for an external tracking device (mouse,
trackball, ???) and start using it instead of the trackpoint.  For traveling,
there are some very small mice available.