Re: Trouble with upgrading debian 7 (wheezy) (solved)

On 2/9/20 3:56 am, Kenneth Parker wrote:

My Recommendation, if it isn't too late, is to Install Buster in a separate Partition, and then copy /home files as desired. Reclaim the Wheezy Partition when you are sure that you don't need it anymore.

+1

FWIW I'd recommend this course for most major upgrades. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling when I upgraded last year, but I felt that a fresh system would have been cleaner. I proved this right a couple of months ago when I blew something and couldn't recover. ( I suspect a duff partition, but??) But then, I have the drive space to spare. Some don't.

Keith Bainbridge

keithrbaugroups@gmail.com
or ke1thozgroups@gmx.com