Re: Why can't I move the document root for a site in Apache 2? [SOLVED]

On 2020-09-01 23:11, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 10:03:27AM -0400, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
On Tuesday, September 01, 2020 04:29:55 AM tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
[1] Why people keep insisting in calling those things "folders" is
    beyond me. They don't "fold" anything, do they?

(My day to make extraneous responses? ;-)

Historical: file folders hold documents in file cabinets...

See my answers to Greg and The Wanderer: I just missed marking my
question as rhethorical. Thanks for the answer, nevertheless :-)

Cheers
  - t

"Folder" and "directory" are not interchangable.

A folder is a user interface abstraction and while often referring to a system directory containing files, might also refer to a collection of email messages or a list of URLs, for example.

A directory is the actual file system element, as already well explained by others.

All directories can be represented as folders but not all folders reference directories.

--
John