Re: Trouble with upgrading debian 7 (wheezy) (solved)

My attempts to upgrade to Jesse (8) did not work at all and all the information on the net seem old and not current that Buster is out and jesse is already archived. Anyway, after looking around, I made ddrescue copy of the current install disk (only 64GB, so easy) first and then directly upgraded to Stretch (9).

 I had to iterate a couple of times looking to fix broken packages, but at the end, I had stretch working fine. The biggest trouble I had was dist-upgrade fail as it could not remove some packages. I had to force remove and reboot before dist-upgrade worked. After that it was very easy to upgrade to Buster. However there was some hickups with dbus connections and commands took a long time. A couple of reboots and force removal and reinstall of a couple of packages, everything worked (I think)

Regards
Ramesh