Re: Re: Trouble with upgrading debian 7 (wheezy) (solved)

That said, Wheezy is  *way*  too far away from Buster!  For example,  "Update in Place" is likely to fail, because of SystemD changes.  (Heck, I had trouble updating Stretch to Buster in Place, but some of that was User Error).

I did think about fresh install, but every method has its drawback. There are subtle changes that I could not get right in the past, so I chose upgrade path.

I thought name of the game with Debian is stability. If so, I really do not see why an upgrade should not work, if it worked in the past (I mean as soon as the next release was made) Nothing has changed in my system to break. It would have been the same had I tried to upgrade as soon as Jesse came. I can understand that I cannot find the archive servers, but that is not the problem. The keys expire on an archive that is supposed to be accessible.

Anyway I can complain, but that is not my aim. I am getting this free and anything and everything is acceptable in my book when free. It is I who should adapt. I was merely pointing out what I saw just to find out if anyone has seen that and resolved it. I saw wheezy to Jessy upgrade documents written at late as Sep 2019, so assumed that I am not too late to the game.  In any case, I did followup and mention what I did and how it worked. This is  in the hope that some one else will find it useful. Part of my intention in posting the original message was this.

Regards
Ramesh