Re: how to test disk for bad sector

On 31/08/2020 14:18, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> On 30/08/2020 19:02, Long Wind wrote:
>> On Sunday, August 30, 2020, 10:20:53 AM EDT, Charles Curley
>> <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:
>>> Yahoo mail is broken. I encourage Mr. Wind to get another mail reader.
>>

>> i don't have choice. gmail is blocked in china. i've tried some free
>> chinese mail provider, they block debian list. (i've sent subscription
>> request thru their mail service, then nothing happened)
> Pretty much all webmail services are bad with regards to proper quoting
> and interleaved text. Some are worse than others, though.
>
> Does Yahoo provide IMAP/SMTP support? Then you can use a real mail
> client (Thunderbird/KMail/mutt/etc).

Yes, it does. Yahoo! are moving over to 2FA authentication everywhere
(which is obviously not compatible with IMAP/SMTP) so you'll be
encouraged to create an "Application Specific Password" (that is, a
long, unique password, which you should use for one instance of one
application) for tools like Mutt, GetMail etc. I *think* Thunderbird
supports 2FA, though - use the new account Wizard to assist you.