Re: In network bonding second nic (eth1) is not pingable while first one (eth0) is always pingable"

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 5:10 PM Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:
> You still want bridging, not bonding.
Preferred is bonding, if it works :)
> WiFi doesn't have a cable, so it can't tell you when the
> connection goes away, and it can't decide by itself to bring up
> a connection. You need a management program that will pick a
> network from SSID, negotiate any necessary encryption, and do
> all that with a MAC address that does not conflict with another
> one on the network.

 Have to test it with two wired connections connected to Cisco managed switch.

> The bond driver itself can't do that. You might be able to get a
> higher-order system to take care of it --
> /etc/network/interfaces *may* be able to figure out a way,
> Network Manager might handle this case -- but I'll bet you a
> shiny nickel you will have reliability issues that are much
> worse than just connecting it to the wired ethernet and leaving
> it alone.
Sure, will look into more detail into /etc/network/interfaces/

** earlier mail missed adding debian user list. sorry.

Thanks.