What is the average time NVIDIA drivers driving their newest cards reach Debian?

Hello dear Debian users!

I'm a long time lurker of this newsletter, and a Debian user for about four
years now (on multiple machines). This is my very first post on this legendary
mailing list, so please, be forgiving. :)

For a couple of last months I've been planning to upgrade my old GTX 660Ti
video card to an RTX, mostly because of a real-time ray tracing that RTX cards
offer, which is becoming crucial to my work. I was about to purchase an RTX
2070 Super, when I recently read that a new line of RTX 30 cards are about to
have their premiere within the next two months.

According to GPU Mag[1], the RTX 3070 card, in which I would be interested in
the most, will come around October, and two additional months is the time I am
willing to wait. But the question is, what is the usual time the newest
proprietary NVIDIA drivers drivin' their newest products hit the Debian
Testing repo?

Over the years, I've learned to recognize NVIDIA as a corporation, which is
not a friend of GNU/Linux and the free software movement. Hence, I imagine
that pushing their driver to our operating system isn't their biggest
priority. If it's a matter of a month or two, I guess I could wait it out. But
if it usually takes them over half a year to ship the drivers for their newest
cards, then perhaps I should wait for AMD's RDNA2...? What do you think?

[1] https://www.gpumag.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3000-series/