Re: Encrypt files on Linux, decrypt on Windows

* 2020-08-21 19:46:13+02, local wrote:

> What would be a reasonably secure and simple way to encrypt files on
> Linux and then send them to a non-technical Windows user so she would
> be able decrypt and read them?

If your security is just about confidentiality (other's can't have the
content) and you don't have really serious hackers targeting you then
probably encrypted Zip archives are good enough. Obviously a good enough
password is needed and secure ways for exchanging the password.

I would like to suggest OpenPGP as we crypto nerds like to use only the
best available options which work with operations against evil state
enemies. But most people don't have such serious enemies. Any password
will stop almost all third parties.

--
/// Teemu Likonen - .-.. http://www.iki.fi/tlikonen/