Re: Encrypt files on Linux, decrypt on Windows

* 2020-08-21 22:00:45+03, Teemu Likonen wrote:

> If your security is just about confidentiality (other's can't have the
> content) and you don't have really serious hackers targeting you then
> probably encrypted Zip archives are good enough. Obviously a good enough
> password is needed and secure ways for exchanging the password.

I forgot to say that the file names are not encrypted in Zip archives.
They can be seen without password. To protect against that use Zip
twice: the inner layer is unencrypted archive for all the files and
outer layer encrypts the inner Zip file.

--
/// Teemu Likonen - .-.. http://www.iki.fi/tlikonen/