Re: POSIX compliant sed making newline character

On 8/21/2020 9:00 PM, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 08:51:44PM +0200, john doe wrote:
Okay, it uses the same syntax as for a subshell '$()'.

No, one of them is $'' and the other is $().  They have nothing in common.

One of them is a form of quoting.  It acts just like '' except that it
performs various backslash expansions.

The other is a command substitution.

Next step is to find a way in which I can use variable substitution.

THIS IS WHY YOU SHOW THE **ACTUAL** COMMAND instead of this obufuscated
bullshit.

When I can not get the command I want, I break it down to the simplest
command as possible then I build from there to the command I realy want.

Thanks anyway.

--
John Doe