Re: In network bonding second nic (eth1) is not pingable while first one (eth0) is always pingable"

Dan Ritter wrote:

> You don't want a bond, you want a bridge.
>
> Bonding takes two interfaces that talk to the same switch on the
> other side, and makes them into one bond nic. You need support
> on the switch, too, which is unlikely in a D-Link 8-port unless
> it has a management interface -- I think they don't bother under
> 16 or 24 ports, and even then it's an extra-cost option.

It is not strictly related to switches, though mostly used in the context.
But it can not prevent you to make a bond between to computers with two
network interfaces.
I am not sure though if this works with a simple VM - we've done this only
on the hardware level/switch.

The switches are indeed expensive new start from 1-2000 and you need two.

If OP would take another PC with two interfaces and configures correctly, it
should work between two of them for test purposes.