Re: In network bonding second nic (eth1) is not pingable while first one (eth0) is always pingable"

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 9:30 PM Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

> You don't want a bond, you want a bridge.
>
> Bonding takes two interfaces that talk to the same switch on the
> other side, and makes them into one bond nic. You need support
> on the switch, too, which is unlikely in a D-Link 8-port unless
> it has a management interface -- I think they don't bother under
> 16 or 24 ports, and even then it's an extra-cost option.
Thank you for pointers, this is a test switch at home but of course
we have bigger Cisco switches at office which have management interface.
It look like LACP needs to be checked/enabled on ports which needs to
be used in network bonding.
Thank you.