Re: question regarding no space left on device message

Hi Brian,

It helps partially, but I think (I have not yet tried it in a particular case) the problem is not in var/cache/apt/archives ... Even if the necessary packages are stored someplace else, if the system you are running is low on space, then the system won't be able to complete the installation, and give a no space left on device error.

Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk>, 21 Ağu 2020 Cum, 13:33 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
On Fri 21 Aug 2020 at 12:35:02 +0300, Semih Ozlem wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I try installing some programs while running debian live from a usb, I
> get a message saying that there is no space left on device.
> I presume this means that the space allocated on the usb for debian is not
> enough to install the program in question.
> I am wondering if there is a way to attach another device so that this
> problem can be overcome. I am wondering how to do tell debian system that
> the externally attached memory device can be used to install programs.

I wonder whether Section 4.4.3 of the Release Notes helps?

--
Brian.