Re: question regarding no space left on device message

Hi,

Semih Ozlem wrote:
> When I try installing some programs while running debian live from a usb, I
> get a message saying that there is no space left on device.
> I presume this means that the space allocated on the usb for debian is not
> enough to install the program in question.

More people could join the presumption tournament if you'd give more
tangible info:
- How much RAM has your computer ?
- URL of the ISO image ?
- Size of the USB stick ?
- How did the ISO get onto the USB stick ?
- Did you do more sysadmin work on the USB stick before booting it ?

In the most plain setting i would presume that Debian Live only uses
a RAM disk but no partitions of the USB stick. In this case you'd probably
get more wiggle room by using a computer with more RAM.

Adding storage devices, like a partition on the USB stick which uses the
remaining free space, might help too.
This is the topic of "Live with Persistence". (When googling, beware of
old descriptions.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas