Re: Systemd leaves uninterruptible processes

On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 11:27:47 -0400
Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 17:06:22 +0200
> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> > > And instead of being a condescending arse you might want to ask
> > > for information that's actually relevant.
> >
> > I may be wrong, but I think you're over-interpreting Andrei here.
> > I've the feeling he's genuinely trying to help. Blame the channel.
>
> +1
>
> Andrei is one of the most helpful and gracious people on this list.
> There's probably nuance that isn't correctly coming across via email.

Look, I point out an issue with a normal systemd service, which I found
because my laptop was slow and running a load average of 15+, with lots
of systemd-user-runtime-dir processes in D state causing that load.

I traced it down to user-runtime-dir@UID.service crashing on cleaning
up a /run/user/UID directory. I gave relevant information, and Andrei
is asking if I have LibreOffice installed, and points me to ESR's FAQ.

I'm very sorry, but that feels extremely condescending. I'm *not* some
newbie just in from Ubuntu. When I provide information, I expect to be
queried on relevant points.

As it turns out I found some more information: the kernel oopses when
it audits the unlink call when SELinux is enabled. Since that looks
like a bug in kernel/systemd interaction, I'm filing a bug report with
full information (including the oops output). Since this laptop is the
only one running SELinux in permissive mode (because I'm still working
out its policy), I'm not losing much to disable it for now.

Mart