Re: Systemd leaves uninterruptible processes

Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:

>> > Which processes would that be?
>>
>> Ah, those would be '/lib/systemd/systemd-user-runtime-dir stop <UID>'
>
> There still very little information to even try to guess what's going
> on.
>
> It would help if you explained exactly what this system is doing / meant
> for, how did you install it, what changes you did to the default
> configuration, what commands are you running, as well as copy-pasting
> the output, etc.

Really?!

This is just a personal laptop running Sid with XFCE4 as
desktop. Nothing special at all.

Just that in the past month systemd has had trouble closing user
sessions after running periodic tasks under that UID; in detail: it
hangs in D state when trying to clean up the user runtime dir
(/run/user/<UID>) using the user-runtime-dir@<UID>.service.

I mentioned all that in my previous post. If you have anything useful to
add that I could use to debug this instead of making me jump through
hoops I'd appreciate it.

You want copy/paste? Here:

root      121323  0.0  0.0  33336 23932 ?        Ds   07:37   0:00 /lib/systemd/systemd-user-runtime-dir stop 9

systemctl status user-runtime-dir@9.service
● user-runtime-dir@9.service - User Runtime Directory /run/user/9
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/user-runtime-dir@.service; static; vendor preset: enab>
     Active: failed (Result: timeout) since Sun 2020-08-02 07:43:12 CEST; 5h 41min ago
       Docs: man:user@.service(5)
    Process: 121276 ExecStart=/lib/systemd/systemd-user-runtime-dir start 9 (code=exited, statu>
   Main PID: 121276 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

I *have* no more useful information. That's why I am asking for help to
get more useful information.

(Oh, and ODD 9 is the 'news' user on this system, which is used by
leafnode's nightly 'texpire' run)

Mart

--- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.