Lenovo S205 boot

On an older Lenovo S205 on which I never have managed to get Debian
running, I did a netinstall of
debian-bullseye-DI-alpha2-amd64-netinst.iso

grub dummy failed, but the boot process terminates with the grub>
prompt.  I tried the ls command:

grub> ls
(proc) (hd0) (hd0,gpt3) (hd0,gpt2) (hd0,pt1)

and I am able to boot manually by typing in grub commands:

grub> root=(hd0,gpt2)
grub> linux /vmlinuz root=dev/sda2
grub> initrd /initrd.img
grub> boot

The boot now proceeds, but the stream of messages terminates with the
line:

IPV6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): enp2so: link becomes ready

and the GUI interface does not start.  However, ALT-F1 brings up a
terminal with a login prompt, and I am able to log into the system.
Curiously, the "shutdown" command is not recognized.

The netinstall used a approx mirror here in my LAN.  I did an expert
install, but I allowed the installer to auto-configure the network.
I am not using IPV6; the LAN gateway address is 192.168.1.1.

Inasmuch as I used the approx mirror, re-installation would be easy,
if that is the easiest way to resolve the difficulty.

RLH