Re: Epson WF-C5290 printer - connection issues.

On 29-07-2020 06:17, Weaver wrote:
> On 29-07-2020 05:44, Weaver wrote:

>>> Please put the device on the network and give the outputs of
>>>
>>>   avahi-browse -rt _ipp._tcp
>>>
>>> and
>>>
>>>   avahi-browse -rt _uscan._tcp

And after all alternatives are exhausted, including ensuring port 631 on
the firewall is enabled, lpstat -p delivers:

root@Base:~# lpstat -p Epson-WF-C5290
printer Epson-WF-C5290 is idle.  enabled since Thu 30 Jul 2020 13:21:48
	File "/usr/lib/cups/filter/epson-escpr-wrapper2" not available: No such
file or directory

Which simply tells me the same as before.
The manufacturer supplied driver is not what the programme wants to
enable the printer, and demands this alternative that doesn't exist
anywhere.

--
`Religion is regarded by the common people as true,
by the wise as false,

— Lucius Annæus Seneca.

Terrorism, the new religion.

Registered Linux User: 554515